Sunday, October 9, 2011

Plaisir

Well, today was my last (unpaid) vacation and I drove to Plaisir where I'll be living during the week. Plaisir (yes, it does mean Pleasure in french) is 13 kms west of Versailles, therefore about 50 kms west of Paris. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive in Paris to get here! I made it (with my folk's GPS) in 1 hour. I'm renting a bedroom in a 1300sq ft house, 500 euros a month + utilities, which isn't bad at all. I checked into 1 bedroom appartment and furnished appartment, it was 600 to 800 euros. OK, it will feel like college, but it's alright. The owner (early 40's) and the other co-renter (21 year old girl, a waitress at the local Buffalo Grill) are very nice. So tomorrow, I'm getting up at 7.20am (vs 5.30am in the US) and get to work for 9am!

No comments:

Post a Comment